Basic New Horse Assessment– The perfect way to give your new horse a full check-up, ensure that their teeth are up to date and ask one of our veterinary surgeons any questions or concerns that you may have.
The assessment includes:
- Physical exam– this includes listening to the heart, lungs and gastrointestinal tract, checking the temperature and checking the eyes
- Dental examination and teeth rasping
- Blood sampling and assessment of haematology and biochemistry in our in- house laboratory
- Orthopaedic check-up, including palpation of the horse, trot up and flexion tests
- Registration at the clinic